Mini Blueberry Muffins
3/4 cups white flour + 1 tbsp for tossing blueberries
3/4 whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (see below)
made with Kiju Organic Apple Juice
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tbsp of flour and set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine greek yogurt, applesauce, egg, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a 12-count mini muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners. Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops are golden.
Kiju Unsweetened Applesauce
Our two ingredient applesauce is simply the combination of apples and our KIJU Organic Apple Juice. Core the apples and add them to a pot along with our apple juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until apples have become soft. Mash with a fork to the consistency of your liking, or blend until smooth.